Electronic synthpop/trip hop duo Phantogram is releasing their second studio album, Voices, next week, and late next week they will be kicking off a small U.S. tour. I was a big fan of their eponymous EP released last year (particularly “Black Out Days”, which I counted among my Top 100 Songs of 2013) and have previewed their new album and it is excellent.
The new album can be previewed via online streaming over at NPR Music.
For full details about the band, check out their official website at www.phantogram.com:
- Thu 02/20/14 Oakland, CA – Fox Theater
- Fri 02/21/14 Sacramento, CA – Ace Of Spades
- Sat 02/22/14 Hollywood, CA – Hollywood Palladium
- Sun 02/23/14 Ventura, CA – Majestic Ventura Theater
- Fri 03/21/14 San Antonio, TX – La Villita Historic Arts Village [Appearing at “Maverick Music Festival”]
- Tue 04/15/14 Denver, CO – Ogden Theatre
- Fri 04/18/14 Tempe, AZ – The Marquee
- Mon 04/21/14 Tulsa, OK – Cain’s Ballroom
- Wed 04/23/14 Dallas, TX – South Side Music Hall
- Fri 05/23/14 Quincy, WA – Gorge Amphitheatre [Appearing at “Sasquatch! Music Festival”]
The Rock Subculture Journal plans to cover the first show on the tour at Fox Theater in Oakland.
Click on the image below for the latest and up to date full Rock Subculture Journal schedule of pop and rock music concerts/tours coming up for review (2014 Rock Subculture Schedule):