English singer-songwriter Lily Allen is back in the spotlight with a new album and tour, following time off from starting a family. Her current tour marks her return to North America after a five year absence. The new album, Sheezus, is her first since 2009, and third album since her big debut in 2006 with her #1 UK hit “Smile”.
I was lucky enough to catch her appearance with Coldplay and others at a charity concert for Kids Company in London in December, which marked the beginning of her return to the stage.
You can get details about the new album and ongoing tour at her official site at www.lilyallenmusic.com:
- 04 Oct 2014 Paramount Ballroom Seattle, United States
- 05 Oct 2014 Commodore Ballroom Vancouver, Canada
- 06 Oct 2014 Crystal Ballroom Portland, United States
- 08 Oct 2014 Fox Theatre Oakland, United States
- 10 Oct 2014 Palladium Los Angeles, United States
- 22 Nov 2014 O2 Academy Glasgow, United Kingdom
- 23 Nov 2014 O2 Academy Sheffield, United Kingdom
- 25 Nov 2014 O2 Apollo Manchester, United Kingdom
- 26 Nov 2014 O2 Academy Birmingham, United Kingdom
- 27 Nov 2014 Centre Brighton, United Kingdom
- 29 Nov 2014 Pavillions Plymouth, United Kingdom
- 30 Nov 2014 Guildhall Portsmouth, United Kingdom
- 12 Dec 2014 O2 Brixton Academy London, United Kingdom
Rock Subculture Journal plans to cover the show in Oakland next week.
Click on the image below for the latest and up to date full Rock Subculture Journal schedule of pop and rock music concerts/tours coming up for review (2014 Rock Subculture Schedule):