Garage punk band The Kills will be playing a handful of just seven shows in North America in the second half of October, kicking off in New York and finishing up in California, with the last stop appearing with Queens of the Stone Age in Los Angeles. While their last album, Blood Pressures, hit in 2011 on Domino Rocords, the duo have explored other media in 2014. Jamie Hince opened his “Echo Home” exhibit of photographic work at the Morrison Hotel Galley in New York in June while Alison Mosshart has had several original paintings on paper, canvas, and fabric included in “Push It”, a group show of female artists at ArtNowNY in April. Their work can be seen in Du Jour and New York Times T Magazine, respectively.
Full details about the band and their work can be found on their official site at www.thekills.tv:
- 10/21 New York, NY @ Terminal 5 – The Open Road Aperture Foundation Benefit Party
- 10/22 Philadelphia, PA @ Trocadero
- 10/26 Vancouver, BC @ Commodore Ballroom
- 10/27 Seattle, WA @ Neptune Theatre
- 10/28 Portland, OR @ Wonder Ballroom
- 10/29 San Francisco, CA @ The Fillmore
- 10/31 Los Angeles, CA @ The Forum
Rock Subculture Journal plans to cover the show at The Fillmore in San Francisco.
Click on the image below for the latest and up to date full Rock Subculture Journal schedule of pop and rock music concerts/tours coming up for review (2014 Rock Subculture Schedule):