Fox Theater in Oakland will be hosting the Notes & Words: Benefit For UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland event on Saturday, April 30th. It will showcase a number of artists including Chris Martin from Coldplay, Bay Area rock band The Stone Foxes, actor, comedian, author, screenwriter and director BJ Novak, novelist, screenwriter and publisher Dave Eggers and writer Kelly Corrigan. Notes & Words is an annual benefit concert created to support the UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland; the Children’s Hospital & Research Center Oakland has been providing the highest quality medical care to children throughout California.
Tickets for this event are nearly sold out, and you can purchase them via Ticketmaster: LINK
If you cannot attend, you can still support the UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland via donations to their website – you can learn more about the event and their mission at www.notesandwords.org:
More about UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland:
100 YEARS STRONG AND COUNTING
Back in 1912, Alameda County nurse Bertha Wright, social worker Mabel Weed, and a group of similarly civic–minded women founded the “Baby Hospital” that we know today as UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland. They believed that every child – regardless of race, gender, or financial circumstance – deserved quality healthcare.
The practice of medicine has changed dramatically from when we first opened our doors, with remarkable advances in technology and improved delivery of healthcare services. Yet the moral and philosophical grounding of the founders’ mission has remained the same for every member of the UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland team ever since.
We look forward to continued success, but we know we can’t do it alone. To help us provide a better future for children in the community and all over the world, we need people just like you.
DID YOU KNOW?
- UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals Oakland is one of only five American College of Surgeons Pediatric Level 1 trauma centers.
- UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals are ranked among the nation’s best children’s hospitals in nine pediatric specialties.
- More than 3,500 doctors, nurses, researchers and other dedicated staff care for over 75,000 patients each year at the Oakland campus.
- Our patients reflect the diversity of California: last year, we provided translation services to families in more than 55 languages.
- We are committed to providing the highest quality of care to all children, regardless of a family’s ability to pay.
Click on the image below for the latest and up to date full Rock Subculture Journal schedule of pop and rock music concerts/tours coming up for review (2016 Rock Subculture Schedule):