The 10th Anniversary of the annual Notes & Words: Benefit For UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland event will be held at Fox Theater Oakland on Saturday, April 27th. As per tradition, it will feature both writers and musicians on stage, this year featuring Ryan Tedder (OneRepublic) and the Oakland School for the Arts as well as Oscar winner Helen Hunt (actor/writer/producer) and Pulitzer Prize winning writer, Andrew Sean Greer as well as the creative force behind the event, Kelly Corrigan. Notes & Words is an annual benefit concert created to support the UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland; the Children’s Hospital & Research Center Oakland provides the highest quality medical care to children throughout California.
Visit the official Notes & Words website for information about and links to purchase tickets: LINK
If you cannot attend, you can still support the UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland via donations to their website – you can learn more about the event and their mission at www.notesandwords.org:
- Notes & Words 2018 (Event Review + Photos)
- Notes & Words 2017 (Event Review + Photos)
- Notes & Words 2016 (Event Review + Photos)
Here is a special message from the organizers of the event:
EXTRAORDINARY CARE FOR ALL KIDS
At UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals, the world-renowned pediatric specialists at our Oakland and San Francisco campuses deliver hope and healing to children throughout the Bay Area and around the globe.
More than 100 years ago, our Oakland hospital was founded on the belief that all children deserve access to world-class medicine. In addition to outstanding clinical care, we address our patients’ developmental and emotional needs through programs like music therapy, art classes, therapy dog visits, massage, and much more. We also help ensure the health of our community, advocating for vulnerable children living in at-risk situations and providing early interventions for kids facing challenges like asthma, obesity, and diabetes.
Because insurance only covers a fraction of all that we do, we depend on philanthropic support to help transform children’s lives. Families come to us for compassion, innovation, and hope—and it takes generous partners like you to make that possible.
DID YOU KNOW?
- We are committed to providing the highest quality of care to all children, regardless of a family’s ability to pay.
- UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals are ranked among the nation’s best children’s hospitals in nine pediatric specialties.
- More than 3,500 doctors, nurses, researchers and other dedicated staff care for over 75,000 patients each year at the Oakland campus.
- Our emergency room sees over 50,000 visits each year, with patients rushed in from throughout Northern California and as far as Nevada.
- We provide more than $64 million in charity care and community benefit activities each year.
Click on the image below for the latest and up to date full Rock Subculture Journal schedule of pop and rock music concerts/tours coming up for review (2019 Rock Subculture Schedule):