As reported last month, Fleetwood Mac will be launching their world tour in Ohio in April, as part of their first set of concert performances since 2009. The band today announced the addition of 13 more dates to the 34 for which tickets have been on sale in the U.S., with the new tickets mostly going on sale February 1st or 2nd. Additionally, Rhino Records will be releasing several different versions of Rumors, one of the all-time classic albums produced in all of rock and popular music. Celebrating 35 years since its release, a number of deluxe versions of the album will be available with incredible extras.
As noted previously, band co-founders Mick Fleetwood and John McVie will perform with Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham (Christine McVie is no longer performing with the band). Fans can register on the official Fleetwood Mac website for more details at www.FleetwoodMac.com:
Below are the dates announced today:
- 6/14/13 Chicago, IL @ Allstate Arena – On Sale February 2
- 6/15/13 Cleveland, OH @ Quicken Loans Arena – On Sale February 1
- 6/18/13 Montreal, QC @ Bell Center – On Sale February 2
- 6/19/13 Albany, NY @ Times Union Center Arena
- 6/21/13* Boston, MA @ Comcast Center – On Sale February 1
- 6/22/13* Wantagh, NY @ Nikon at Jones Beach Theatre – On Sale February 1
- 6/24/13 Charlotte, NC @ Time Warner Cable Arena – On Sale February 1
- 6/26/13 Des Moines, IA @ Wells Fargo Center – On Sale February 2
- 6/29/13 Spokane, WA @ Spokane Arena – On Sale February 2
- 6/30/13 Portland, OR @ Rose Garden Arena – On Sale February 16
- 7/3/13 Los Angeles, CA @ Staples Center – On Sale February 1
- 7/5/13 San Diego, CA @ Viejas Arena – On Sale February 1
- 7/6/13 Sacramento, CA @ Sleep Train Arena – On Sale February 1
Below are the previously announced dates:
- 4/4/13 Columbus, OH @ Nationwide Arena
- 4/6/13 Philadelphia, PA @ Wells Fargo Center
- 4/8/13 New York, New York @ Madison Square Garden
- 4/9/13 Washington, DC @ Verizon Center
- 4/11/13 Louisville, KY @ KFC Yum! Center
- 4/13/13 Chicago, IL @ United Center
- 4/16/13 Toronto, ON @ The Air Canada Centre
- 4/18/13 Boston, MA @ TD Garden
- 4/20/13 Uncasville, CT @ Mohegan Sun Arena
- 4/23/13 Ottawa, ON @ Scotiabank Place
- 4/24/13 Newark, NJ @ Prudential Center
- 4/26/13 Pittsburgh, PA @ CONSOL Energy Center
- 4/28/13 St. Paul, MN @ Xcel Center
- 4/30/13 Kansas City, MO @ Sprint Center
- 5/1/13 Tulsa, OK @ BOK Center
- 5/3/13 Little Rock, Ark @ Verizon Arena
- 5/12/13 Winnipeg, MB @ MTS Centre
- 5/14/13 Saskatoon, SK @ Credit Union Centre
- 5/15/13 Edmonton, AB @ Rexall Place
- 5/17/13 Calgary, AB @ Scotiabank Saddledome
- 5/19/13 Vancouver, BC @ Rogers Arena
- 5/20/13 Tacoma, WA @ Tacoma Dome
- 5/22/13 San Jose, CA @ HP Pavilion at San Jose
- 5/25/13 Los Angeles, CA @ Hollywood Bowl
- 5/26/13 Las Vegas, NV @ MGM Grand Arena
- 5/28/13 Anaheim, CA @ Honda Center
- 5/30/13 Phoenix, AZ @ US Airways Center
- 6/1/13 Denver, CO @ Pepsi Center
- 6/4/13 Dallas, TX @ American Airlines Center
- 6/5/13 Houston, TX @ Toyota Center
- 6/7/13 Tampa, FL @ Tampa Bay Times Forum
- 6/8/13 Ft. Lauderdale, FL @ BB&T Center
- 6/10/13 Atlanta, GA @ Philips Arena
- 6/12/13 Detroit, MI @ Joe Louis Arena
Rock Subculture Journal will be covering the show in Sacramento at the Sleep Train Arena on July 6th.
The special 35th anniversary of Rumors is being offered for sale at leading online retailers Amazon and iTunes:
The expanded edition’s three CDs includes the original album and the b-side “Silver Springs, ” a dozen unreleased live recordings from the group’s 77 world tour, and an entire disc filled with unreleased takes from the album s recording sessions.
The disc of 12 unreleased live recordings from the band s 1977 Rumours tour features performances from concerts in Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Nashville and Columbia, S.C. The songs include album tracks like “The Chain, ” “Oh Daddy” and “Songbird” as well as “World Turning” and “Rhiannon, ” two tracks from the group’s 1975 eponymous release.
Producers also have compiled a selection of 16 unreleased recordings from the album s sessions including early takes of “Go Your Own Way, ” “I Don t Want To Know” and the popular b-side “Silver Springs”. There are also several demo recordings, including one for the outtake “Planets of the Universe”, plus an instrumental version of “Never Going Back Again”.
The deluxe edition of Rumours also features the 18-track compilation of session outtakes originally released in the 2004 reissue of the album, the original album on 140-gram vinyl, and a DVD with “The Rosebud Film”. This 1977 documentary by Michael Collins includes interviews, rehearsal footage and live performances of “World Turning”, “Rhiannon”, “Say You Love Me, ” “Go Your Own Way”, “You Make Loving Fun” and “I m So Afraid”.
Below is the official press release from Fleetwood Mac:
FLEETWOOD MAC LIVE 2013 ADDS 13 ADDITIONAL DATES TO TOUR DUE TO OVERWHELMING FAN REACTION
RHINO RECORDS TO REISSUE LANDMARK RUMOURS ALBUM ON JANUARY 29TH
LOS ANGELES, CA (January 24, 2013) – Based on an overwhelming response to the recently announced Fleetwood Mac Live 2013 North American tour, which has already sold over 325,000 tickets, the band announced today that they will be adding 13 shows. The newly announced leg of the tour includes second shows in Chicago, Boston and Los Angeles, new stops in Cleveland, Wantagh, Charlotte, Des Moines, Spokane, Portland, Sacramento, Albany, as well as, Montreal, Canada. A complete itinerary follows this release. Tickets for the second leg of the tour go on sale beginning February 1st at Ticketmaster.com.
Fleetwood Mac Live 2013 begins in Columbus, Ohio at the Nationwide Arena on April 4th with confirmed dates through July 6th in Sacramento, California at the Sleep Train Arena.
The multi-Grammy winning Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductees last toured in 2009 with the sold out Unleashed Tour. The current lineup includes Mick Fleetwood and John McVie – both original members since l967, Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks who joined the band in l975.
In celebration of the 35th anniversary of the release of the iconic Rumours album and in conjunction with their Fleetwood Mac Live 2013 tour, Fleetwood Mac, one of rock’s most enduring, beloved and successful bands will also be reissuing an expanded and deluxe version of Rumours on Rhino Records January 29th. The expanded edition includes the original album, the b-side of “Silver Springs,” a dozen unreleased live recordings from the group’s l977 world tour and an entire disc filled with unreleased takes from the album’s recording sessions. The deluxe edition will include all of the music from expanded edition, plus an additional disc of outtakes on DVD that feature “The Rosebud Film,” a l977 documentary about the album, as well as the album on vinyl. Digital versions will also be available.
Click on the image below for the latest and up to date full Rock Subculture Journal schedule of pop and rock music concerts/tours coming up for review (2013 Rock Subculture Schedule):