Jay-Z and Justin Timberlake have today announced a stadium tour for North America as part of a “Legends of Summer” tour kicking off in July and covering a dozen cities in two months. Special VIP tickets immediately went on sale via VIP Nation, with a broader pre-sale scheduled for Ticketmaster February 27th (code = LEGENDS). There is also a Citi pre-sale and Official Platinum Seats sale currently going on via Ticketmaster.
The Grammy Award-winning pair will launch the tour in Toronto and play the remainder of dates throughout the United States.
Timberlake’s third studio album, The 20/20 Experience, is due March 15th; the lead single, “Suit & Tie”, features Jay-Z.
The Rock Subculture Journal covered another joint concert tour by Jay-Z with Kanye West – “Watch the Throne” – in the UK last year.
I’m not aware of a public website for this tour as of yet, but there is a Live Nation group on Facebook with more information:
Below is the list of dates announced thus far:
- July 17: Toronto, ON (Rogers Centre)
- July 19: New York, NY (Yankee Stadium)
- July 22: Chicago, IL (Soldier Field)
- July 26: San Francisco, CA (Candlestick Park)
- July 28: Los Angeles, CA (Rose Bowl)
- July 31: Vancouver, BC (BC Place Stadium)
- August 4: Hershey, PA (Hershey Stadium)
- August 6: Detroit, MI (Ford Field)
- August 8: Baltimore, MD (M&T Bank Stadium)
- August 10: Boston, MA (Fenway Park)
- August 13: Philadelphia, PA (Citizens Bank Park)
- August 16: Miami, FL (Sun Life Stadium)
Rock Subculture Journal will be covering the show in San Francisco.
Click on the image below for the latest and up to date full Rock Subculture Journal schedule of pop and rock music concerts/tours coming up for review (2013 Rock Subculture Schedule):