John Lydon’t Public Image Ltd (PiL) is celebrating their 40th anniversary in a number of ways, not least of which is their world wide tour which will be coming to 18 major cities in North America beginning in October, with tickets going on sale today. The band will also be releasing a massive career-spanning CD/DVD box set on July 20th and a new documentary film will make its North American theatrical release in September.
You can find links to buy tickets to the upcoming North American shows on their official site at www.pilofficial.com:
Below is the list of North American shows:
- New Orleans, LA The Civic Theatre, USA, Tuesday, 9th October 2018
- Atlanta, GA Variety Playhouse, USA, 10th October 2018
- Washington, DC Black Cat, USA, 12th October 2018
- Asbury Park, NJ Asbury Lanes, USA, 13th October 2018
- Brooklyn, NY Brooklyn Steel, USA, 15th October 2018
- Philadelphia, PA Union Transfer, USA, 16th October 2018
- Montreal, QC Club Soda, Canada, 18th October 2018
- Toronto, ON Lee’s Palace, Canada, 19th October 2018
- Detroit, MI The Majestic, USA, 21st October 2018
- Chicago, IL Thalia Hall, USA, 22nd October 2018
- Dallas, TX Granada Theatre, USA, 24th October 2018
- Austin, TX The Mohawk, USA, 25th October 2018
- Portland, OR Wonder Ballroom, USA, 28th October 2018
- Seattle, WA Showbox, USA, 29th October 2018
- San Francisco, CA The Chapel, USA, 31st October 2018
- San Francisco, CA The Chapel, USA, 1st November 2018
- Los Angeles, CA El Rey, USA, 3rd November 2018
- Tijuana, El Foro, Mexico, Sunday, 4th November 2018
- Mexico City, MX Pepsi Centre, Mexico, 6th November 2018
This North American leg of the tour follows the current UK and European tour, and follows the release of What The World Need Now…, their tenth studio album released on their own ‘PiL Official’ label via Cargo UK Distribution.
The Public Image Is Rotten (Songs From The Heart) due our on Friday is a 5CD/2DVD box set that “features the PiL Singles Collection (1978-2015), B-sides, Rarities and a Live concert from New York Ritz in July 1989” and the DVD “also includes PiL promo videos + footage from the BBC’s Top Of The Pops and Old Grey Whistle Test as well as two legendary full PUBLIC IMAGE LTD concerts”.
The Public Image Is Rotten documentary film premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival in New York and at London’s Raindance Festival; it will make its North American theatrical premiere on Friday, September 14 in New York City at The Metrograph.
More about the film…
From Abramorama and Verisimilitude, THE PUBLIC IMAGE IS ROTTEN film tells the story of music icon JOHN LYDON and his pioneering group PUBLIC IMAGE LTD (PiL) with a level of depth and intimacy never-before-seen. Loaded with electrifying archival performance and interview footage, THE PUBLIC IMAGE IS ROTTEN was directed by Tabbert Fiiller and produced by Verisimilitude’s Tyler Brodie and Hunter Gray as well as Phaedon Papadopoulos and Fiiller. The film features in-depth interviews with JOHN LYDON, former and current PUBLIC IMAGE LTD bandmates as well as Flea (Red Hot Chili Peppers), Ad-Rock (Beastie Boys) and Thurston Moore (Sonic Youth) among others. Following the New York City premiere, expect more theatrical dates in October-November for THE PUBLIC IMAGE IS ROTTEN to coincide with PiL’s North American fall tour.
Click on the image below for the latest and up to date full Rock Subculture Journal schedule of pop and rock music concerts/tours coming up for review (2018 Rock Subculture Schedule):